What you will need
How to make the prints
- 1 imprint wipe in foil sachet.
- Sheets of sensitised paper/sensitised Certificate
- A hardback book (diary, clipboard etc)
- Baby wipe (to wipe your own fingers!)
1. Ensure that your baby is contented (sleepy or sleeping is ideal)
and that feet/hands are clean and very slightly moist. We
usually wipe them with a baby wipe to remove any
- Place the sensitised paper on the hardback book. ready fcr
3. Open the foil sachet and take out the wipe. Gently wipe it over
the base of the baby's foot/hand until the area is fully covered.
The wipe will feel dry - this is normal.
- 4. Hold the baby's ankle and gently but firmly press the foot (starting
with the heel and rolling towards the toes) onto the sensitised
paper or certificate. Hold for 2-3 seconds and lift off before toes
wriggle. After a few seconds a black image appears.
- 5. Hand prints when the baby is awake are more dificult than
footprints,as you need to uncurl the baby's fingers and thumb.
lt's best to have two or three people on the case! One person
holds the baby on his/her lap, the second holds the fingers and
the third the thumb.
At the same time. uncurl the
fingers/thumb and press down onto the paper and lift off at the
same time. Alternatively, take the prints when the baby is
asleep and avoid the above performance!
- 6. Repeat the process with the other hand or foot as necessary.